Sunday, June 6, 2010

Task Five: Course Evaluation


Over course of this semester I have learned so much about media in the EMS 3O class. There are so many thing about media that people don’t realize and one was to take this course they would discover all of the tricks and techniques that are used to pull you into a product. Every time I watch TV and commercials come on I sit and depict what the target audience is, what codes and conventions were used to attract one to this commercial. I love being able to pick apart the ads I see now. This course has taught me why advertisers use certain props and special effects and that is to attract a certain group of people, and attempt to get that person interested in their product by incorporating the things that group of people enjoy. I have learned that in the media whether a celebrity is exposed in a positive or negative way that exposure is what builds that celebrity and can also lead to that celebrities destruction. In movies I watch I will pick out all of the things that are used to make that movie so great and pick out the things that could have been worked on more. I realize that media is literately everywhere and surrounds our entire lives. The media builds on to our likes and dislikes and can persuade one to act on things we wouldn’t normally do. This course has been one of my favourite classes and has taught me so much. Some things I did not like about the course is that we did not end up watching the movie Thirteen.. I was really looking forward to that Mr. Chalmers. I think I would of liked got more hands on projects, and maybe of gone on some sort of trip for one of the units
.

No comments:

Post a Comment