Sunday, June 6, 2010

Task Three: Advertising & Me

M.A.D.D- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGwaKroBl8c
This commercial is for MADD, Mother’s Against Drunk Driving. This commercial uses two different types of techniques. The first technique is repetition. Repetition is when advertisers hope that if you see the same thing over and over that you will buy into whatever is being sold or in this case what the right thing to do is. This was an effective technique to use because when you see the pictures repeating of peoples faces being harmed very badly it makes you upset and want to try to do things that will not lead you with the same injuries, this being not to drink and drive. The second technique used is facts and figures. This is when spastics and facts are used. This commercial used statistics to prove a point that people who drink and drive are very likely to get into a fatal car accident or leave themselves seriously injured. This is an effective tool to use because it shows you how heart breaking it is to see how many people loose there lives to drinking and driving, and people who have been killed by a drunk driver. This commercial used the techniques very well to its advantage.

This commercial is very important to me, along with any M.A.D.D advertisements and commercials that have a strong importance. The reason I chose this commercial is because it holds a very strong message to me and my family. My brothers best friend Brady, who he grew up with lost his life to a drunk driver. Since he had been my brothers best friend and was over everyday my sister and I had thought of him as an older brother. When the accident happened it devastated my entire family especially my brother. To see how this crushed my brother was so upsetting. He didn’t go out, he didn’t even leave his room for a long time after Brady passed. To see how this can effect one person so badly is heart breaking and no human being should feel that much sorrow and sadness. Anything having to do due with M.A.D.D is very important and I can now see that this does really happen and it can happen to anyone. People don’t really ever think something bad will happen to THEM, and what they don’t understand is that it does, it can happen to anyone. These commercials are made to prevent you from ending up dead or injured. They raise a great amount of awareness and I am in agreement with what M.A.D.D do to raise this awareness
.

ProActive -
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moPZNg-2878


The second commercial I chose was the Proactive commercial with Katy Perry. The advertising technique that was used was Star Power. Star Power is when a celebrity you like is being used to promote a product. This technique is very useful and effective. If your favourite celebrity is using a product then you will want to use that product to. Having a celebrity tell you about how good this product is and how well it works is effective because you will not believe that your favourite celebrity would lie to you about the promoted product.

I chose Proactive because I actually use this product. Katy Perry happens to be one of my favourite celebrities as well. I bought this product I wanted to have a clear complexion, and with all the celebrities who claim it to work so well I thought why not. Surprisingly it worked really well and made me think about how the celebrities that promote this product probably actually had good results from this product as well

No comments:

Post a Comment